CIMPA-UNESCO-MESR-MINECO-THAILAND research school
The primary aim of this research school is to give an introduction to the theory of graphs, codes, and designs with the major focus on the relationship between these three areas. For instance how techniques in graph theory and design theory can be used in the construction of error – correcting codes.
The second aim is to provide an introduction to current research topics in graphs, codes, and designs. To this end, sections on more advanced topics are included, and a number of interesting and challenging open problems will be highlighted and discussed in some detail.
Administrative and scientific coordinators :
- Somporn Sutinuntopas (Ramkhamhaeng University – Bangkok – Thailand) email@example.com
- Simeon Ball (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya–Barcelona–Spain) firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific Committee :
- Diane Donovan (University of Queensland – Queensland - Australia)
- San Ling (Nanyang Technological University – Singapore)
- Wanida Hemakul (Chulalongkorn University – Bangkok – Thailand)
- Somporn Sutinuntopas (Ramkhamhaeng University – Bangkok – Thailand)
Local organizing committee :
- Rachanee Phuwapathanapun (Ramkhamhaeng University – Bangkok - Thailand)
- Wirasak Wajabundit(Ramkhamhaeng University – Bangkok - Thailand)
- Siriwan Tangjitwatanakul (Ramkhamhaeng University – Bangkok - Thailand)
- Sirirat Singhun (Ramkhamhaeng University – Bangkok - Thailand)
Date and Location :
May 20 –31, 2013. Ramkhamhaeng University, Bangkok, Thailand
Scientific program :
All courses will be given in English
- C.C. Lindner (Auburn University, USA) : Instructional lectures on Steiner triple systems.
- Terry S. Griggs (The Open University, UK) : Extended lectures on Steiner triple systems and other combinatorial designs.
- Diane Donovan (University of Queensland, Australia) : Classes of block designs and their connections to graph theory and algebra.
- San Ling (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) : Introduction to constant weight codes and constant composition codes.
- Yeow Meng Chee (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) : Coding theory : Combinatorial approaches and new applications.
- Joe Ryan (University of Newcastle, Australia) : Applications of graph theory to coding theory.
- Simeon Ball (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain) : Linear algebra methods applied to combinatorial objects.
- Akihiro Munemasa (Tohoku University, Japan) : Codes generated by designs, and designs supported by codes.
Deadline for Registration :
March 17, 2013
Application procedure and Online registration only for applicants not from Thailand.
Applicants from Thailand must contact the local organizer : Sirirat Singhun (hs4drr at yahoo.com) or Somporn Sutinuntopas (sompornss at ru.ac.th)